Print   Go to top of page


To help licensees meet their reporting obligations, a reporting guide and template is available. Licensees will need to collect all information required for reporting throughout their licence period.

The reporting process consists of a series of questions within your licence portal. The requirement to maintain an accommodation register (if you supplied accommodation or were aware of accommodation being supplied during the reporting period) requires you to upload a document. Please see the ‘Accommodation’ section on this page for more information.

On this page:

When to report

Licensees must report every six months. The first reporting period covers the six month period starting on the date the licence is granted or renewed. The second reporting period covers the six month period after the first reporting period ends.

Licensees have 28 days after the end of each reporting period to submit their report.

If you have problems submitting your report within the timeframe please contact us before your reporting period ends. You may incur a penalty if your report is submitted later than 28 days after the end of a reporting period.

How to submit a report

To submit a report, sign in to your online portal.

Click on your profile located in the top righthand corner of the screen, select 'Licences' from the list which appears on the left of the page. Click on the 'Start Report' button located on the right of the page.

You will not be able to start your report until your reporting period ends.

You may exit a partially completed report and return at a later date. To do this you must ensure that the report has been saved prior to exiting the form. When you next log in, you can continue by accessing the form on the Reports page.

Once the form has been submitted, you cannot make any changes to the form.

Legislative requirement to report

Licensees must report on their operations to the Office of Industrial Relations. Failing to report within the timeframe may result in a fine, or the licence being suspended or cancelled.

A guide to reporting

Reports must include the following information:

Download the Reporting guide for the Queensland labour hire licence.

Number of workers

Licensees must report the number of workers registered and the number of workers supplied during the reporting period.

‘Workers registered’ means the ‘pool’ of workers or workers that are ‘on the books’ that could be provided at any given time (This includes workers that are currently being supplied).

‘Workers supplied’ means the total number of times a worker was provided by you to an employer over the reporting period (i.e. If one worker is supplied to Company A for two weeks, and then the same worker is supplied to Company B for another two weeks, the answer to this question would be ‘two workers supplied’).

Workers with visas

Please note:  If you have previously reported you do not supply visa workers, you must complete a change in circumstances form before starting your report.

Licensees must report the number of workers supplied under each of the following work visas:

  • Working holiday visa (subclasses 417 or 462)
  • Employer nomination scheme (subclass 186)
  • Skilled independent visa (subclass 189)
  • Skilled nominated visa (subclass 190)
  • Skilled recognition graduate visa (subclass 476)
  • Skilled regional visas (subclass 489 and 887)
  • Temporary graduate visa (subclass 485)
  • Temporary work (international relations) visa (subclass 403, includes discontinued subclass 416)
  • Temporary work (skilled) visa (subclass 457)
  • Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482)
  • Training visa (subclass 407)
  • Student visa (subclass 500).

A description of the arrangements made with workers

Licensees must report on each type of work (such as casual work, permanent, fixed-term (contractual) and apprenticeship or traineeship arrangements) that has been offered to workers supplied during the reporting period.

If you did not supply workers during the reporting period, select the arrangements you would ordinarily enter into.

Licensees must also report if workers are paid according to a piecework arrangement and if workers accrue any entitlements. These entitlements include portable long service leave in the building and construction, or contract cleaning industries, sick leave and annual leave.

Industries workers are supplied to

The industry the worker is working in must also be reported. For example, a worker supplied as an accountant to a mining company should be recorded in 'Mining', not 'Financial and insurance services'.

For the purposes of reporting, industries will be classified according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC).

ANZSIC codes

  • Agriculture, forestry and fishing
  • Mining
  • Manufacturing
  • Electricity, gas, water and waste services
  • Construction
  • Wholesale trade
  • Retail trade
  • Accommodation and food services
  • Transport, postal and warehousing
  • Information, media and telecommunications
  • Financial and insurance services
  • Rental, hiring and real estate services
  • Professional, scientific and technical services
  • Administrative and support services
  • Public administration and safety
  • Education and training
  • Health care and social assistance
  • Arts and recreation services
  • Other services

Occupation of workers supplied

The worker's occupation must be reported. For example, if you supplied an office worker to a mine site, you would record 'clerical and administrative workers'.

For the purpose of reporting, occupations will be classified according to ANZSCO – Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations 2013.

Location of workers supplied

The locations that workers have been supplied to perform work must also be reported. The licensee must report the local government area or region where they have provided workers over the six month reporting period.

Local Government Areas

Central Queensland

  • Banana Shire Council
  • Barcaldine Regional Council
  • Barcoo Shire Council
  • Blackall-Tambo Regional Council
  • Boulia Shire Council
  • Central Highlands Regional Council
  • Diamantina Shire Council
  • Gladstone Regional Council
  • Livingstone Shire Council
  • Longreach Regional Council
  • Rockhampton Regional Council
  • Winton Shire Council
  • Woorabinda Aboriginal Shire Council

Darling Downs South West

  • Balonne Shire Council
  • Bulloo Shire Council
  • Goondiwindi Regional Council
  • Maranoa Regional Council
  • Murweh Shire Council
  • Paroo Shire Council
  • Quilpie Shire Council
  • Southern Downs Regional Council
  • Toowoomba Regional Council
  • Western Downs Regional Council

Far North Queensland

  • Aurukun Shire Council
  • Cairns Regional Council
  • Cassowary Coast Regional Council
  • Cook Shire Council
  • Croydon Shire Council
  • Douglas Shire Council
  • Etheridge Shire Council
  • Hope Vale Aboriginal Shire Council
  • Kowanyama Aboriginal Shire Council
  • Lockhart River Aboriginal Shire Council
  • Mapoon Aboriginal Shire Council
  • Mareeba Shire Council
  • Napranum Aboriginal Shire Council
  • Northern Peninsula Area Regional Council
  • Pormpuraaw Aboriginal Shire Council
  • Tablelands Regional Council
  • Torres Shire Council
  • Torres Strait Island Regional Council
  • Weipa Town Authority
  • Wujal Wujal Aboriginal Shire Council
  • Yarrabah Aboriginal Council

Mackay, Isaac and Whitsunday

  • Isaac Regional Council
  • Mackay Regional Council
  • Whitsunday Regional Council

North Queensland

  • Burdekin Shire Council
  • Charters Towers Regional Council
  • Hinchinbrook Shire Council
  • Palm Island Shire Council
  • Townsville City Council

North West Queensland

  • Burke Shire Council
  • Carpentaria Shire Council
  • Cloncurry Shire Council
  • Doomadgee Aboriginal Shire Council
  • Flinders Shire Council
  • McKinlay Shire Council
  • Mornington Peninsula Council
  • Mount Isa City Council
  • Richmond Shire Council

South East Queensland North

  • Moreton Bay Regional Council
  • Noosa Shire Council
  • Sunshine Coast Council

South East Queensland Central

  • Brisbane City Council

South East Queensland South

  • Gold Coast City Council
  • Redlands City Council
  • Logan City Council

South East Queensland West

  • Ipswich City Council
  • Lockyer Valley Regional Council
  • Scenic Rim Regional Council
  • Somerset Regional Council

Wide Bay Burnet

  • Bundaberg Regional Council
  • Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council
  • Fraser Coast Regional Council
  • Gympie Regional Council
  • North Burnett Regional Council
  • South Burnett Regional Council

The Queensland place names search can be used to find the local government area for a location.


Please note: If you previously reported you do not provide accommodation, you must complete a change in circumstances form before starting your report.

If licensees provide accommodation directly to workers, in connection with their supply to another person, the licensees must keep a register of accommodation with the following information:

  • the address of the accommodation
  • whether the relevant workers paid a fee for the accommodation
  • the number of relevant workers that used the accommodation
  • the total number of bedrooms in the accommodation
  • the total number of relevant workers who used the accommodation at any time
  • whether use of the accommodation was a precondition of the worker being supplied as a worker.

This only includes accommodation provided by you, the licensee, directly to the worker. Accommodation provided by others (for example, the host employer) will be recorded under ‘aware of accommodation’.

If the licensee is aware that accommodation was provided by another person, to the best of their knowledge, the register must include (for each separate dwelling that is supplied):

  • details on who provided the accommodation
  • the address of the accommodation
  • whether the relevant workers paid a fee for the accommodation
  • the number of relevant workers that used the accommodation
  • whether use of the accommodation by the relevant worker was a precondition to being supplied as a worker.

Other services

The licensee must report on the other services provided by them, including whether or not a fee was charged for the service and the amount of the fee. They must also report on any services they are aware of being provided by another person, to the best of their knowledge.

Other services includes meals, transport and job finding services provided to labour hire workers.

Meals may include a meal allowance for workers to buy food, or regular meals given to workers. Transport means transportation that a licensee provided, either by payment or having performed, for workers to go to, from or carry out their work.

Compliance with relevant laws

Licensees must report breaches of laws in relation to fitness and propriety, laws associated with labour hire providers obligations and safety and workers' compensation laws by either the licensee or the business relating to the licence.

Compliance with relevant laws is also a notifiable change in circumstance which must be reported within 14 days after the change.

Work health and safety and workers' compensation

Licensees must report on the number of notifiable incidents involving a relevant worker during the reporting period.

Reporting requirements do not affect obligations to both notify the regulator of notifiable incidents and keep a record of notifiable incidents.

They must also report on the number of applications for workers' compensation made during the reporting period.

Who can view reports?

Any information submitted in reports will be used in accordance with our privacy policy.

Some details gathered via reporting, such as industry information and the location where labour hire workers are operating, will appear on the public register.

Certain information gathered via reporting may be shared with other relevant State and Commonwealth agencies.

Last updated 24 July 2019